So last year I very carefully and thoroughly crafted the best-ever summer bucket list. Some of it got done...and a lot of it didn't. Was a 50-item bucket list overly ambitious? Maybe.
But that's not stopping me from doing Summer Bucket List 2.0. Some items are being rescued from last year, some are new. Some are big things, some are little things. Some I've managed (while this post has been languishing in drafts, oops) to cross off already. All of them are things I (or the kiddos) really want to do.
Because nothing makes us happier than dreaming big...even if it doesn't quite work out the way I planned in the end. When it comes to bucket lists?
Go big or go home.
So here it is, my Summer Bucket List for 2012!
1) Catch fireflies
2) Find a rainbow
3) Build a real sandcastle...with a moat and turrets and everything
4) See fireworks
5) Fly kites
6) Not care about how I look in a bathing suit
7) Find a bathing suit that looks good enough that I don't care about how I look in it
8) Go an on a fairy hunt
9) Get the kids their own library cards
10) Start reading E chapter books
11) Get Baby N's first haircut (sniff. gasp. sob.)
12) Let E have a lemonade stand
13) Do cartwheels
14) Make perfect guacamole
15) Make perfect margaritas
16) Learn how to turn on the grill
17) Hit my goal weight...and stay there
18) See a summer concert at the Hollywood Bowl
19) Drive to the beach and watch the sunrise
21) Plant an herb garden
22) Start writing the novel I've been tossing around in my head
23) Learn to play Mah Jong
25) Sleep outside in a tent
26) Let J take E camping
27) Not freak out about letting J take E camping
28) Not call J every fifteen minutes to "check" when he takes E camping
29) Take Baby N to the park...just him
30) Breathe deeper
31) Sing louder
32) Love harder
34) Live better
I couldn't help it. That 34 item list was way too easy. So I came up with more ;)
35) Family hike in Runyon canyon (it's been way too long since we've been)
36) Make it to full expression of Toe Stand in Bikram class...both sides
37) Make homemade popsicles
38) Learn to slice a watermelon
39) Make S'mores...without using the microwave
40) Throw a poolside dance party
41) Dance like no one's watching
42) 100 crunches a day. For real. By Labor Day I just might be back in my bikini ;)
43) Blow a thousand bubbles
44) Clambake, baby.
45) Declutter the closets (must make room for fall fashion...)
47) Find the perfect pair of sexy summer sandals
48) Think less, do more
49) Try SoulCycle. Just once.
50) Make every minute count.
And...phew. I feel better. Overwhelmed is my comfort zone. How could I have attempted anything less?
So now it's your turn...what's on your summer bucket list this year? And what's missing from mine?