I'm so behind.
Ok, here goes. In the interest of fair play, I've decided NOT to copy and paste my To-Do list into this post. Because that would be cheating. And also very, very boring. So here's a list of 50 things, big and small, I'd like to do this summer.
1. Learn to make ceviche.
Drink sangria in the backyard (now that we actually have patio furniture, yippee!)
Take Baby N for his first swim
Hit the beach. A lot.
5) Not freak out when sand gets on my legs.
6) Not freak out when sand gets in my car.
Throw an amazing July 4th party
9) Let E hold her own sparkler without having a neurotic meltdown
10) Make our own ice cream
Find the perfect pair of wedge espadrilles
12) Get a fabulous tan while still using SPF 50
Host a backyard BBQ for my amazing neighbors (now that we actually have patio furniture, yippee!)
14) Master the art of blowing the perfect bubble
Break in my new picnic basket with dinner in the park
Hit the Friday night jazz fest at LACMA
See a concert at the Hollywood Bowl
Swim in the ocean
19) Not freak out about seaweed touching me while I'm swimming in the ocean
20) Not freak out when E touches seaweed
21) Keep Baby N far, far away from seaweed so he doesn't attempt to put any in his mouth
22) Watch the sunset from the beach
23) Let J take E camping
24) Not freak out about letting J take E camping
25) Not call J every fifteen minutes to "check" when he takes E camping
26) Make a happy, enthusiastic face every time J mentions the word "camping"
Feed Baby N Cheerios
Paint my toenails hot pink
Rock the maxi dress trend
30) Invite the girls over for Friday afternoon margarita playdates
31) Make lemonade and let E have the lemonade stand she wants so desperately
32) Teach E how to pedal her tricycle
33) Force E to wear her bike helmet while pedaling her tricycle
Go on vacation. Like, with a hotel and a pool and a beach and room service and everything.
35) Take the kids on a family hike.
36) Re-master the hula hoop
37) Attend yoga class twice a week. For real.
Learn not to flinch and hold my breath when E goes underwater in the swimming pool
39) Cook a lobster feast at home
40) Not chicken out at the last minute because I can't stand the sound of lobsters screaming
Wear lots of gold jewelry to show off my fabulous SPF 50 tan
Not forget to sunblock the kids.
43) Not forget to sunblock myself
44) Unpack the last remaining box from the move (yes, we moved over a year ago. Don't judge.)
45) Learn to grill fish...the right way
46) Girls night out reunion with my summer camp BFFs!
47) Wake E up in the middle of the night to look at the stars
Romantic getaway for J and I. Just for the night. Just the two of us.
Wear my beloved jean cutoffs. While I still can.
50) Drink a lot of carrot juice (and a lot of kale lemonade, and a lot of spinach ginger apple, and a lot strawberry watermelon lime, and...)
This post was written for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. The prompt?